This version improves:
- Performance: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 test results show the efficiency of file system enhancements and network throughput that is “improved by as much as 30 per cent”;
- Identity management: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 helps companies to reduce their administrative costs and improve their security by providing tools that make Linux infrastructure easier to manage;
- High availability: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2’s High Availability was extended by more flexible deployment in virtualized environment and full support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 on the VMware hypervisor;
- Storage: By extending the availability of low latency and high throughput to high demand storage environments, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 offers to developers another option than “expensive Infiniband hardware”;
- Virtualization: As Red Hat describes in its article, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 delivers optimizations in “CPU consumption in hosting virtual guests”, “virtualized guests in pre-boot environments” and “system backtracing capabilities”;
- Resource management: In Red Hat’s words, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 “allows for more efficient management […] and enables the ability to implement service priorities”.
Red Hat also announces the release of the beta version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.8 later this month but the more important news is that Red Hat is developing Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7. No date mentioned yet but Proxar IT Consulting will sure keep a track on it.
Find out more about Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 from Red Hat Website.
Network Design and Security, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 - London, UK - Proxar IT Consulting.