*** No agencies please***
Proxar IT Consulting is a leading IT company providing a number of services including network design and implementation, network security solutions, Cisco network consultancy and IT outsourcing, among others. As our business is rapidly expanding, we are looking for individuals who would become a part of our team in London. Join us to work in a client satisfaction oriented environment that offers resources for your technical skills.
Summary of Role
We are looking for a Cisco Network Engineer to join our in-house team to work on the support, preparation and configuration of network data and security infrastructure for a range of businesses across multiple industries.
The candidate should have in depth knowledge of TCP/IP with strong skills in Cisco routing and switching and have solid load balancing experience. They should have experience of working in Data Centre network environments whilst having a good understanding of office networking and of delivering project work in a competent and timely fashion with attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be part of a cross-skilled team of around 5-6 engineers, system administrators and consultants and work closely with our client’s technical personnel, therefore the ability to communicate and maintain a positive attitude is essential.
They will be working on a variety of projects and support services including day-to-day support of network infrastructure platforms, break/fix and project work.
Our office is based in the London Wall area, and the candidate may also need to work from time to time at our customer’s offices as necessary.
The position is permanent, 37.5 hours a week, based upon a 0900-1730 working day.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Network Engineer related role, preferably in a Cisco based environment
- CCNA qualification (CCNP desirable)
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewall and VPN
- Strong working knowledge of the following routing protocols: BGP/Peering, OSPF, VRF, MPLS/PLS
- Strong knowledge of layer 2 & 3 switching
- Network monitoring / reporting tools
- Demonstrable root cause analysis skills
- A strong understanding of network security and performance issues
- Good communicator and team player
Applicants should posses some of the following skills as well as the essential skill set listed above and should be able to back them up with examples of use.
• Experience of alternative Load balancing technologies (F5, Zeus)
• Good knowledge of Linux based operating systems (Redhat / CentOS)
• Large scale web hosting / Data Centre infrastructure hosting environments
• Familiarity with ITIL
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
*** No agencies please***
Cisco Network Engineer, Linux System Administrator - London - Proxar IT Consulting.